APIs & Integrations

liveconsulting

Site Search Results Displaying on Google

We moved from WordPress to HubSpot. On WordPress, our search feature searched all website content and provided results on a page within our website.
Since migrating to HubSpot COS, the search results are directed to Google.

Is there a way to have search results from the site displayed within the site?

Our site is: www.liveconsulting.com - to get to the search feature, click on the magnifying glass icon on the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
narayan007

As google search is adding ads and we not remove from our implemented search page, we can use algolia in place of google search and it is the best in terms of modification and all.

Thanks,
Laxmi Narayan

0 Upvotes
zwolfson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Lauren,

This is the default behaviour of the Google Search module in HubSpot. I recommend getting a Google Custom Search Engine. Then you can replace the Google Search module in your template with an HTML module and paste the embed code Google will give you. Please note that with your design, you may need a developer to help you maintain it if you aren’t familiar with HTML and CSS.

The custom search engine allows you keep people on your website even though it is still powered by Google.

Zack

arinker
Top Contributor | Partner

Hi Zack,

any idea how to implement a search after Google shutdown of https://cse.google.com/cse/ next month?

Best,

Arno

0 Upvotes
zwolfson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @arinker,

I would look at some of the alternatives in this quora question: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-alternatives-to-custom-search-besides-Google-CSE-Y-BOSS-and-Index...

There seem to be some good alternatives, but which one you go with ultimately depends on what features you need and how much you are will to spend.

If you need help implementing any of those chosen alternatives, let me know and I’d be happy to try and help.

-Zack

0 Upvotes
arinker

Thank you Zack!

I will check them out and let you know which one I like best.

Best,

Arno

Arno Rinker | CEO

*BYTEYARD GmbH *

c/o Gemeinschaftsatelier

Spritzenplatz 6
D-22765 Hamburg

Tel +49 40 1802 432 62
Fax +49 40 1802 432 61
Email arinker@byteyard.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: BYTEYARD GmbH | Spritzenplatz 6 | D-22765 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg: HRB 144974
USt-IdNr.: DE310191342
CEO: Arno Rinker

0 Upvotes
liveconsulting

Thanks for the help, @zwolfson ! Very helpful! I will need to get a developer as I am not a familiar with HTML and CSS.

0 Upvotes