APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Specify Task Creator when using API

When migrating from a different CRM into HubSpot we migrate across all Engagement >> Tasks. When we do so via the Engagements API we can specify the “assignee” of the task, however we cannot specify the “creator” of the task. The creator of the task seems to default to be the OAuth (API) account user used to execute the migration. The end result is all HubSpot users see (in the timeline) their tasks as having been created by user-account-used-for-migration rather than themselves/someone else in their organization. Is there any way around this, or should this be logged as an enhancement request?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
StephanieYoung
Participant

Has there been any update on this?  I'm still not able to specify the task creator when I create tasks via API - it works for other types of engagements (Meetings, etc.) but the createdBy field is just ignored when it comes to Tasks.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @madamx, are you referring to how this engagement looks created from the UI

vs this one via the API?

If so, correct, this isn't something that's possible via the API yet. We'd love the feedback so I'd really recommend posting in the ideas forum (ideas.hubspot.com). I can reach out internally as well to see if there are plans for v2 engagements.

0 Upvotes