Suddenly getting 502 from Cloudflare for API requests that have been running successfully for months!

We’ve ben running a sync process between our CRM and hubspot for many months without issues. From the 4th January our process no longer completes with our logs showing that the connection being randomly torn down mid process.

I’ve just run the process up in our development console to see what’s going on, and I appear to be getting 502 errors from the Cloudflare platform. This can’t be right! Is there something broken with the hubspot API service from the UK?

Hi @Infiniverse,

We pushed a fix for this today, this issue should be resolved going forward. If you consistently see these errors going forward, feel free to bump this topic.

Thank Derek, can you explain what the issue was please? It has been behaving better over the past few hours, so I did suspect that it had been cleaned up.

Cheers,
Joe

Hi @Infiniverse,

The issue had to do with the way some of our services (specifically contacts) was handling errors. There were some odd cases that should have been returning 4xx errors but instead interacted with our CDN to make the gateways appear invalid, resulting in the 502’s for a number of requests.

Ok, good. Glad you found it - and that’s what we would have expected. You should never throw a 5xx unless there’s a problem at your end!

Cheers,
Joe