APIs & Integrations

thejacer87

Testing oauth v1 apps

We have a custom integration that is still using oauth v1. I was just put on the account, so I set up and account and created a dev portal to do some testing. When I make the auth call through my web app though the response doesn’t come back the same as it does when I make the same call with the live app.

I’m assuming that dev portals can’t make oauth v1 requests anymore. Is there no way to allow v1 requests at all?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Testing oauth v1 apps

Hi @thejacer87

Developer portals don’t have access to most of the tools you’d normally have in your regular account. Any testing you do should be done with a separate test portal that you create from inside the developer account.

How do I create a test portal?

Test portals can be used to test your integration without affecting your live HubSpot data.

0 Upvotes
thejacer87

Testing oauth v1 apps

so if my client’s integration is still using oauth v1, there’s no way for me to test it?

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Testing oauth v1 apps

Developer portals won’t work with either Oauth 1 or Oauth 2, but test portals can work with both of those.

You will however need to test OAuth 1 using the existing HubSpot app, as new apps will only work with Oauth 2.0. Older apps will still be able to authorize with OAuth 1.

0 Upvotes
thejacer87

Testing oauth v1 apps

Developer portals won’t work with either Oauth 1 or Oauth 2, but test portals can work with both of those.

I don’t understand, the article you linked to says to sign in with my developer account. So that creates a dev portal? But your saying I need to create a test portal?

But how can I do that? When log in to app.hubspot.com there is no test portal button in the menu:

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Testing oauth v1 apps

That screenshot looks like it’s from one of our CRM accounts, not a developer account. Depending on what you’re testing, you may be able to test with the account you already have, but CRM accounts won’t have access to the marketing tools or APIs (generally this would include anything content related).

Otherwise, you can create a developer account from here:
https://app.hubspot.com/signup/developers/

0 Upvotes