APIs & Integrations

nraddatz

This hapikey does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [email-access]) - "Marketing Hub Starter" subscription

Hi,

I have a "Marketing Hub Starter" subscription.

I'm trying to query HubSpot using the API to get contacts subscription status. I am using the following url:
https://api.hubapi.com/email/public/v1/subscriptions/timeline?hapikey=xxx

xxx is the API key i have defined in my "HubSpot Apps" section.

Unfortunately, when i try to access that API i get the following:

This hapikey does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [email-access])

I don't see any way to change permissions for the API Key. How can this be resolved?

I see some topics discussing the fact that different subscriptions get access to different features. Since i have a Marketing Hub Starter subscription, i was assuming i would get access to email subscriptions api?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
nraddatz

This hapikey does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [email-access]) - "Marketing Hub Starter" subscription

Thanks for the quick reply. Appreciate your team resolving this...this API is key for an integration we are developing for a customer.

cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @nraddatz,

This seems like the same endpoint that was causing problems on this thread for Marketing Starter customers: This hapikey (xxxxxxx) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [email-access])

I've reached out to our devs and they are working on a fix. Hopefully by the end of this week or next week we can get a fix rolled out for you! Stay tuned, but at the moment you won't have access to those endpoints.

0 Upvotes