Timezone configuration issue and concept of "remote"

I’m loading hubspot data into a data warehouse and I’m having an issue with timezones. I spoke to Hubspot Support but they just told me to post here–nobody seems to have a clue about this one.

When data is pulled out of Hubspot (in this case through a connector called Skyvia via API into SQL Server), all timestamps seem to be in UTC.

The issue is when an owner has an engagement and it gets a UTC timestamp on it, doing an analysis by dates (in a visualization tool) produces results that are misaligned to the visualizations in the dashboards in Hubspot. That creates conflicts.

We have some people in PST, some in EST, and others in CET. But there is no field suggesting which timezone conversion to use for a specific owner.

Without the timezone configurations for each account, many of the figures (e.g., engagements by owners) do not align with what is in the dashboards and that creates conflicts in our data warehouse. Since different accounts use different timezones, there’s no one conversion from UTC for all.

Then, in the owner object, I came across a reference to an object called “Remote” via a remoteID and remoteList. This is all that I could find on it: What is “remoteList” and “remoteId”? What is the ultimate identifier of an owner object?

Somebody suggests that a remote is the “login account” abstraction tied to the “owner” abstraction. This seems like the best lead to getting somebody’s timezone configuration.

The API has zero documentation on this object. I’m working with a hubspot connector through Skyvia and I cannot pull the data from this "Remote"s. This timezone data is extremely important for us and if this remote object contains it, then it’s extremely important for us too.

Does anybody have a solution in mind?

Thanks,
Layla

Hi @Layla_Ma,

Currently, time zone settings apply to all users in a particular HubSpot account. The timezone for a specific portal can be found by making a request to the account details endpoint (see below). Can you give me a bit more info regarding the discrepancies you’re seeing with engagement data?