APIs & Integrations

gogrow_dev

Too many date points requested - Analytics API

When making a request to https://api.hubapi.com/analytics/v2/reports/totals/summarize/daily?start=20100101&end=20180301&hapikey=demo we are getting the following response

{ "status": "error", "message": "Too many date points requested", "correlationId": "74d5b876-feab-46ef-b7d5-82cc14ca9eb6", "type": "RESULT_POINT_LIMIT_EXCEEDED", "requestId": "0ae0489eac9119ac77e99288f6c56cbd" }

We don't seem to ever get an offset field and the limit parameter doesn't seem to work either regardless of the time_period being used.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @gogrow_dev,

The limit isn't an explicit length of time; it's 500 data points (which roughly corresponds to the number of entries in breakdowns). Requesting 10 years of data summarized daily won't work, but it probably would if you summarized monthly. As a rough rule, you'll want to keep timeframes under a year if it's split daily, under five years if it's split weekly, and under ten years if it's split monthly.

0 Upvotes
gogrow_dev

@Derek_Gervais - That's great. Thank you so much for clarifying that!

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @gogrow_dev,

The timeframe you provided above is almost 10 years long. Can you successfully pull data with a shorter timeframe?

0 Upvotes
gogrow_dev

Hi @Derek_Gervais, yes I can successfully pull data with a shorter timeframe.

What is the threshold for the number of date points?
Is there a request that can be made to that make use of the limit and offset parameters?

In my experience, I either successfully pull data (with shorter time frames than the initial post) or I exceed the limit and get an error message.

0 Upvotes