APIs & Integrations

Martina_15

Tracking code - tapfiliate

I am using Tapfiliate integrated with Hubspot. So, I implementing this javascript codes for tracking code:

<script src="//static.tapfiliate.com/tapfiliate.js" type="text/javascript" async></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
  window['TapfiliateObject'] = i = 'tap';
  window[i] = window[i] || function () {
      (window[i].q = window[i].q || []).push(arguments);
  };

tap('create', 'Your Account Id');
  tap('conversion', 'Unique Conversion Id');
</script>

I am confused with Unique Conversion Id. How can I get my Unique Conversion Id? My plan is, with conversion id, I can have information referral (email id) that used by client. Is there any solution about this?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
thomask

Hi there! Tapfiliate support chiming in here.

The unique conversion id is actually something that could come from Hubspot. The unique conversion id can be used to cross-reference data and is used for automatic deduplication on our end.

Typical examples of unique conversion ids being sent to us are order ids (in case of E-Commerce), user ids (in case of membership sites) or email addresses (in case of lead generation).

Shopping carts, for example, have specific functionality for this, usually called something like “Conversion tracking scripts”. They’ll allow you to use “merge tags” that are dynamically replaced by the actual order data or user data when our code is outputted by their system, e.g:

tap('conversion', '{{ order.id }}', {{ order.amount }});

will automatically become:

tap('conversion', 'ORD123', 10);

@dadams Do you offer something similar? I.e. would it be possible to output a leads email address on the thank you page?

0 Upvotes
Martina_15

Hi @dadams
alright, I’ll ask Tapfiliate support for this. I’ll give you further news (problem solved or dead end).

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @martina

Have you contacted Tapfiliate support for this? I’m not personally familiar with Tapfiliate but it would seem like that conversion ID would be coming from their system (along with your account ID) and not HubSpot.

0 Upvotes