Apologies in advance for the length of this question.
Essentially, it is as follows:
- Anonymous visitor comes to the website
- They browse to a web form and submit it with their personal details
- We create the contact in Hubspot via the API
The results look very different to our server logs - see:
This shows the results stored for the browsing history of one Chinese contact - xmos and HubSpot. There are some obvious issues:
- we have browsing history before the contact registered in Aug that is not available to HubSpot as you can’t read the cookie we use on anonymous interactions.
- some file downloads in Sept are not registered in HubSpot because they depend on us sending the information across to HS via the EventAPI and this has not happened recently - anything related to voice/lib_dsp etc
But there are other major discrepencies looking back at early activity which are typical of the problems we’ve had:
- HubSpot has no track of any browsing activity in Sept but it has clearly been going on, the HubSpot record stops randomly after 22 Aug
- There are static webpages pages visited after the contact first registered in early Aug but none of these are recorded in HubSpot
- There are huge amount of duplicate FormSubmit:login events recorded for exactly the same time