Trigger Workflow or Webhook When a Contact is Saved

contacts

I am working on a project to sync data between HubSpot and SugarCRM.

When a contact is created or saved in SugarCRM it automatically triggers a webhook to push that data to HubSpot via HubSpot’s API.

When a contact fills out a form in HubSpot a workflow triggers a webhook to push that data to SugarCRM via SugarCRM’s API.

The problem I am having is trying to push saved data in HubSpot to SugarCRM. Now, I’ve tried creating workflows based around the “Last Modified Data” Contact Property in HubSpot, however this either results in a contact being re-enrolled continuously (basically being stuck in an infinite loop) or not being able to be re-enrolled at all (which works the first time a contact is saved but never again).

Looking into the HubSpot Webhooks API, I also noticed that there is no endpoint, etc. based on when a Contact is saved.

The only things I can think of at this point to trigger a webhook would be to either a.) manually enroll a Contact every time they are saved or b.) update a custom Contact Property (i.e. set “Push to SugarCRM” to “TRUE”) to trigger a webhook (the workflow would then set this property to “FALSE” so that its not stuck in an infinite loop).

Neither of these solutions seem optimal as they aren’t exactly automatic and rely on the end users having to complete an extra task.

Any ideas and/or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.