APIs & Integrations

Amradio1

Trying to map fields from hubspot form to a web hook into our crm

SOLVE

Hello,

I am having an issue pushing a contact into our outside crm. Right now we are trying through the workflow... form submission triggers the webhook.

We see activity going into our crm however it is just contact id for example
firstname=firstname and the contact actually shows up in our crm as firstname

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Amradio1,

At this time, workflow webhooks cannot send specific contact properties through a query string.

Instead, a workflow POST action sends all of a contact record's data to your endpoint in the JSON body. Your system must then parse the body/payload to find specific contact properties. It's a bit difficult for me to say where the body is located, but it accompanies every incoming API call and should be visible in your logs.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Amradio1

SOLVE

Thank you Issac, If I am wanting to send specific contact properties via the query string what is the best way to do this and where can I find the request body?

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Amradio1,

At this time, workflow webhooks cannot send specific contact properties through a query string.

Instead, a workflow POST action sends all of a contact record's data to your endpoint in the JSON body. Your system must then parse the body/payload to find specific contact properties. It's a bit difficult for me to say where the body is located, but it accompanies every incoming API call and should be visible in your logs.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Amradio1,

Thank you for the clarification. When you POST through a HubSpot workflow, all the contact data is included in the payload as JSON. Per this article, "the receiving system can then parse that JSON data, and use it for its own application."

It looks like you may be attempting to send specific contact properties via the query string (firstname, lastname, etc.), but this contact property data is instead located in the request body.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Amradio1,

To clarify, are you using a HubSpot workflow with a webhook action, or have you connected the webhook directly to the form?

If you can send me links to the form and the HubSpot workflow, I'll try to dig in further.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Amradio1

SOLVE

Hi Issac,

Thank you for getting back to me, below is the answer to your questions.

To clarify, are you using a HubSpot workflow with a webhook action, or have you connected the webhook directly to the form?

I am using a hubspot workflow with the web hook action...I did not know we can hook up the web hook directly to the form.

If you can send me links to the form and the HubSpot workflow, I'll try to dig in further.

Here is the link to the workflow: https://app.hubspot.com/workflows/4440039/flow/3358286/edit

Heres is the webhook url:

https://login.debtpaypro.com/post/c8b0c493afbf85e22283d88dbdd51f5fbc16ef0e/?firstname=firstname&last...

Here is the link to the form:

https://app.hubspot.com/forms/4440039/editor/aa541d8e-30b7-4453-a3b4-69ea4ff6cfcd/edit/form

Thank you for your assistance.

Ryan

0 Upvotes
Amradio1

SOLVE

Hi Issac,

I wanted to check in with you in regards to this issue?

Thank you very much!

0 Upvotes