We are looking for some help for one of our clients who wants to migrate all of their marketing automation, analysis and customer communication, including newsletter blasts to Hubspot. The problem we are running into is that the client wants to use a mailing list kept at Hubspot but continue to format newsletters within our tools. With their current ESP integration, we send the formatted email through the ESP’s API to a mailing list (identified by ID). The ESP is the authority for this list. Ideally, the client wants to replicate this behavior at Hubspot.
Does anyone know how this can be accomplished? I have outlined all criteria below.
- Our client uses our administration tools to create the HTML and Text versions of the email they want to distribute.
- We transfer the formatted emails to the provider through their API.
- At the same time, we tell the provider when to deliver the email and identify a list within the provider’s system that the email should blast to.
- We’re not the master for our client’s email lists, as many times other subscribers are added to those lists by various means, without our knowledge. That information never makes it to our database.
- Ultimately we’d like to opt subscribers in and out of those lists within Hubspot using a Hubspot API as well and allow clients to opt themselves out of some newsletters through an unsubscribe link pointing back to Hubspot.