APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Unsubscribe contact from Contacts endpoint?

Is it possible to Unsubscribe a HubSpot contact by using the Contacts Update (or Update Batch) endpoints? The Unsubscribe field seems to be a Contact Property like the others, so I’m wondering if I can include it’s value in an insert/update.

I know that contact’s can be unsubscribed by the Email Unsubscribe endpoint at: api.hubapi.com/email/public/v1/subscriptions/

but is that the only endpoint that can do it?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Not applicable

Got it. Thanks for the quick reply

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @tajulhuque

You’ll need to use the Email API to unsubscribe contacts. The hs_email_optout property and related opt out properties for individual subscription types will reflect the contact’s current status, but the properties are read-only and set by the email system.

0 Upvotes
Dan_Morena

Hey @dadams,

If I want to unsubscribe a contact from a specific list can I do it from my own form via the email api? I am only seeing a mass unsubscribe, am i missing something?

0 Upvotes
Dan_Morena

Figured this out here

Hi All, I am trying to update the user subscription status using the Email API. It works well when I need to unsubscribe an email address for a subscription. However, Is there a way to resubscribe email subscriptions? Looks like the Email API only allows you to unsubscribe an email. Any help in this is much appreciated. Thanks, Santy

have not yet implemented but looks like it going to work.

0 Upvotes