Update contact property from date to datetime with Hubspot API

contacts

Hello Team,

I have the contact property with its type ‘date’ and I want to convert that to datetime and I did that as well and api returned 200 response but unable to check where it has been updated and where I should check it workflow.
$data =array( ‘name’ => ‘Became Attempted to Contact’,
‘groupName’ => ‘sdr_tracking’,
‘description’ => ‘DO NOT TOUCH THIS FIELD’,
“type” => “date”,
“fieldType” => “datetime”,
“formField” => false ,
);
$url=“https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/properties/became_attempted_to_contact?hapikey=123”;

@Raman_verma You get use the get a property end point to see what it’s current settings are.

sorry I did not get you

@Raman_verma After you have updated your contact property you can check if it is a date time field using the link I posted above.

Hi, I am getting this response but in workflow when I select it does not show the time showing only date

{“name”:“became_attempted_to_contact”,“label”:“Became Attempted to Contact”,“description”:“DO NOT TOUCH THIS FIELD”,“groupName”:“sdr_tracking”,“type”:“date”,“fieldType”:“datetime”,“updatedUserId”:,“options”:[],“deleted”:false,“createdUserId”:,“formField”:false,“displayOrder”:1,“readOnlyValue”:false,“readOnlyDefinition”:false,“hidden”:false,“mutableDefinitionNotDeletable”:false,“favorited”:false,“calculated”:false,“favoritedOrder”:-1,“externalOptions”:false,“displayMode”:“current_value”}

@Raman_verma You might want to try converting it to the unix epoc time in milliseconds. I know our internal datetime fields use that as a format.

sorry again I did not get you … I just want to show the time along with date thats it in workflow during selection

@Raman_verma How are you entering in the time now?

please check the attached screen shot its date time field but showing date only in workflow

any update about this . It will be appreciate @pmanca

I have set the “type” => “datetime”

@Raman_verma In the UI you cannot set the time. This can only be done through the API.

I did with API can not see you the code

$data =array( ‘name’ => ‘Became Attempted to Contact’,
‘groupName’ => ‘sdr_tracking’,
‘description’ => ‘DO NOT TOUCH THIS FIELD’,
“type” => “date”,
“fieldType” => “datetime”,
“formField” => false ,
);
$url=“https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/properties/became_attempted_to_contact?hapikey=123”;

its not from UI

@Raman_verma The UI is only going to show the date. If you pull it back out via the API you should be able to see the time now as well.

Hi,

what is the use of the contact property to make it datetime if the UI is not available and how I can see the time in workflow or any other place ?

if you are not providing the GUI for the date and time field what if I enter the value of that contact property in workflow then how I can see the time via pull and from where ?

@pmanca waiting for the reply

@Raman_verma You can’t enter it via the workflow. This can’t be done via the UI. I will pass along your sentiments to the product team about adding that feature into the UI.

@pmanca i am passing the unix epoc time in milliseconds through api only but i am getting a (404 bad request error)

string strJsonData = "{" +
" "properties": [" +
" {" +
" "property": "firstname"," +
" "value": "hubspotcccontact"" +
" }," +
" {" +
" "property": "lastname"," +
" "value": "callcentercontact"" +
" }," +
" {" +
" "property": "mobile_number"," +