APIs & Integrations

gathubspot
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Webhook failed due to connection timeout. Will retry

Hi,

I am using one workflow web hook API but its now working properly. Often throwing connection timeout error

Flow of workflow:

Content properties send to external API URL through workflow => external api recollect the information and send this to another SOAP API (where same contact entry is created (or contact registration) into product (in-house web application)) => product soap api responded with the unique registration id => hubspot update contact api called again => and update this id into hubspot contact custom property.

This whole process takes place on external API and this complete flow takes around 30 sec but still in most of case we are getting connection timeout error.

Can anyone suggest me better solution to handle this error?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
gathubspot
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

i am simply using webhook api to create hubspot contact entry into one separate database. But, out of 10 times, 4 times i am getting connection timeout error and on the same time, entry is created in database but hubspot web hook is throwing error.

Please help me, why and how i can skip or solve this error.

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@gathubspot I am not sure I understand what the error is? Can you share with me a couple links to your portal that show the multiple entires as examples?

0 Upvotes
gathubspot
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

@pmanca

Yes, in case of connection timeout, contact entry is created in product but in Hubspot product id is not updated which means 3 steps of process are completed but process get break after that (i.e Hubspot update contact api called again => and update this id into Hubspot contact custom property.) and workflow throw ‘Webhook failed due to connection timeout. Will retry’ error.

Just because of this, multiple entry of same contact is created in product because in connection timeout scenario, Hubspot automatically retry after 1 sec and create multiple entry in Hubspot .But still product id is not updated in hubspot.

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@gathubspot Can you expand upon the steps a bit more. Also what “product” are you referring too.

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@gathubspot Are you successfully receiving the additional attempt of the workflow?

0 Upvotes