APIs & Integrations

nutan1
Participant

Which one is the best way to build dynamic website in hubspot(drag and drop or clone template html and customize it)? )

SOLVE

Which one is the best way to build dynamic website in hubspot(drag and drop or clone template html and customize it)? )

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
cbarley
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @nutan, yes you can use AJAX to do so on a HubSpot page, but as I mentioned, you should be able to use Smart Content to display different info to other people, or use a native database with HubSpot called HubDB. Creating a HubL dictionary could work in your situation as well. Parts of drag and drop templates can be custom coded with custom modules, so you can have a bit of a mix of both raw HTML and drag and drop components.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
cbarley
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @nutan, yes you can use AJAX to do so on a HubSpot page, but as I mentioned, you should be able to use Smart Content to display different info to other people, or use a native database with HubSpot called HubDB. Creating a HubL dictionary could work in your situation as well. Parts of drag and drop templates can be custom coded with custom modules, so you can have a bit of a mix of both raw HTML and drag and drop components.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @nutan, those might be good instances of being able to use HubDB in Custom Modules if you have website pages or the CMS addon. Otherwise, you should be able to use HubL Dictionaries: https://designers.hubspot.com/docs/hubl/hubl-variables-and-macros-syntax. You could also go with smart content: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/cos-general/add-smart-content-to-your-website-pag...

What exactly do you mean that the dotted section will be "dynamic" - Dynamic in what way?

0 Upvotes
nutan1
Participant

SOLVE

Dynamic means i have to call api(third party) with the help of jquery and ajax and replace the content on page mark with dotted line

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @nutan, it depends on what the purpose of your template/page is! If you're looking to keep the page simple and editable for marketers without coding experience to use, then drag and drop might be the best way to go, though you can also use HubL tags to generate fields for marketers to use if you're coding from scratch. Further, if you want to use our 12 column built in grid system, then use drag and drop, but if you want to use a popular framework like bootstrap, then don't.

It all boils down to what kind of customization you want, and how comfortable you are with code. Let me know if I can clarify anything specific

0 Upvotes