APIs & Integrations

jaysonb
Participant

Workflow: Webhook POST with Deal ID Token

Hi,

I created a workflow: Enrolment triggers + Deal stage is equal to + First Stage

Then a Webhook POST. It works, but I cant see the Deal ID in the response? Is there any tokens I could add to the end of the webhook URL like

https://hook.spinmortgage.com/first-stage?deal_id={{deal_id}}

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @sergio_macias,

Workflow webhooks cannot send deal JSON. The workflows tool can segment based on a number of criteria including company/deal properties, but the actual record that is enrolled in the workflow is still limited to contact records. If you're looking for the JSON structure of deals as returned by the HubSpot API, you can check out the Deals API docs:

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

I´m not sure if this post is the correct one but I´m looking for a webpage where I can find the JSON that is sent in a webhook action to a custom web service, I have found a webpage for the contact but not for the Deal, can you help me?

The information I´m trying to find is the same as this but for deals

Using webhooks in workflows

General information regarding the behavior and retry policy for webhook actions in HubSpot Workflows.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @jayson_brown,

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, are you looking for the associated deal IDs of the contact? The workflow webhook action doesn't currently send object association data. you'd need to take the resulting vid and pull the contact using the contacts API.

I can completely understand that use case, however; If you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes