APIs & Integrations

Braulio
Participant

Zapier Deal integration don't return a contact email

SOLVE

I am trying to integrate by Zapier a new deal in stage with google sheets but in step 2 that I need find a contact, following Zapier support you are delivering just ID of a contact as information and told me that they requested this update of feature to you. Follow the answer of them.

"I've been doing some digging on my end and I believe I found the trouble. It looks like Hubspot has built the integration to only return the contact ID associated with a Deal. Unfortunately, the Find Contact step was designed to use Name or Email to search for a contact.

We have sent a feature request to Hubspot to have the integration updated so that the Deal triggers will also return Contact info. However, Hubspot has not responded to our feature request for this functionality in a quite a while. Unfortunately, this is likely going to prevent us from setting up the workflow you have in mind. :frowning:

I've added you to the feature request for this functionality. However, Hubspot themselves build and manage the integration and their dev team would be the ones who need to update the information that is returned. I would recommend reaching out to them directly and let them know you're interested in having this data in Zapier. I'm sure they would appreciate the feedback here.

I apologize for the inconvenience, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help."

Could you give atention for this demand please?

Regards

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Braulio,

I can't guarantee any action on Zapier's feature request, but I'm happy to take a look and share your feedback with the team. Please share a link to Zapier's post on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@Braulio,

No, currently there are no plans to surface a contact's email address on a deal — just the vid.

Do you have a link to Zapier's feature request? Is it published on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum? Please share it if Zapier support gave it to you so I can pass it along.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
jasonashaw
Contributor

SOLVE

I'm facing the exact problem. I've successfully been able to create both deals and contacts through Zapier, but there soesn't seem to be a way to associate the deals with their respective contacts. This works fine when importing files (eg Importing using a Deal and a Contact file), yet there is not a way to do this using Zapier. This definitely needs to be fixed, or please explain how we can Associate a Deal to a Contact using the integration.

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Sorry for the delayed response, @jasonashaw. I missed your response.

Check out my response to this similar thread. I found a way to associate contacts to deals in the older "HubSpot CRM" Zapier integration, but the same action does not appear possible in the newer "HubSpot" integration.

Isaac Takushi

jasonashaw
Contributor

SOLVE

THANK YOU!!!

This works - thanks!

IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Braulio,

I can't guarantee any action on Zapier's feature request, but I'm happy to take a look and share your feedback with the team. Please share a link to Zapier's post on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
aj123
Participant

SOLVE

Has there been any movement on this? I dont really understand how the zapier functions for deals are even usable if you cannot even search for a contact from a deal...

0 Upvotes
Braulio
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Isaac_Takushi, I really not understand you offer an integration by Zapier when you can not find a contact associated a deal. The only way to find an email associated a deal is use it in the wrong way. I really need this as solution. Any plans to just show a contact connected in a deal?